Friday, August 17

Nothing beats being back...

Good luck to the Irons against Villa tomorrow. While London swelters we're in the rainswept Wasdale valley enjoying superb Yewbarrow ale from the Great Gable brewing Co. Her Indoors' 18-year-old godson George is using my ticket for the match and I fear he might learn some new vocabulary from Matt. Two years ago I was on top of Scafell Pike when the season opened and mobile reception lasted just long enough to reveal we'd lost 3-0 at Villa in Avram Grant's first match. Let's hope we're more successful this time. Where will Diarra, Diame and Maiga fit in? Will Carlton Cole carry on his great form from the play-off final? (You can relive the final in my new e-book Flying So High West Ham's Cup Finals via the link on the top right.) Shame we missed out on Van Persie, but I can already feel that anorak twitching...

No comments: