Thursday, November 26

Football's coming home... sort of

Well, West Ham should be allowed 2000 fans inside the London Stadium now London is in Tier Two. I'm not sure what the criteria will be for allocating 2000 out of 60,000 fans, but I'm hoping it might be decided on programme collections. Mine goes back to 1970 while my pal Matt has just made a basic error in giving away some of his programme collection after his house move. Or perhaps WHU will allocate the seats on personal loyalty to David Moyes — in which case my mate Fraser might be in trouble. Though if it's on quality of Shakespearian insult then my other season-ticket holding companion Michael might be in with an educated shout. Though Nigel must have a chance because he always attends games with his lucky banana. At least one of us might get in and even 2000 fans might generate a bit of an atmosphere. This is all making me quite nostalgic for the overpriced pasties, claret carpet and wide open spaces of the London Stadium.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Move stadium again. Might as well be Cornwall. That would allow 4000. Make criteria living nearest to ground (and being a postie). Sorted.

Steve said...

...and the pasties would be better.

Jackhammer said...

I was in college in Camborne 78/79 and lived on Cornish pasties for two years solid! we got them from the factory shop 30p if I remember correctly, we never discussed what sort of meat was in them but we all lived to tell the tale! Really enjoying this strange season Moyes has to been given credit for what he has achieved and hope they aren't any key player losses in the window, COYI

Pete May said...

It would be nice to see something through the ballot, I'm in with a shout as paid the full whack for the season ticket which puts me in the raw. Suggest you start scouting for that ground in Cornwall Steve...

Mj said...

Also paid full whack so looking forward to starring on match of the day, easy to pick out in the lower tier? Not looking forward to travelling alone, no pub, sitting alone, having half time alone and travelling home alone..and I've only got a passport as photo id, if required and I'm scared of losing it...apart from that...

Pete May said...

Anything would be good, even with no mates!