Friday, April 12

Oh Christian Dailly you are the love of my life

Great piece on Christian Dailly by West Ham fan Alistair McKay in the latest issue of Nutmeg, the Scottish Football periodical. McKay reveals the origins of the famous West Ham fans' chant where sexual activities are offered up to the curly-haired maestro.

McKay, who is also the Evening Standard's TV critic, is good enough to include some quotes from myself, describing this 'umble writer as "the Nick Hornby of West Ham" and using a line on Dailly from West Ham: Irons in the Soul. The article also includes some quotes from Dailly, on how playing in front of the Chicken Run was massively character building and how he enjoyed the off the cuff attacking of Trevor Brooking's management. 

When asked if he's ever taken up the offer of extracurricular activity with West Ham fans' wives, Dailly memorably says of the chant: "I think it's amazing. I think it's probably evolved because they've heard that I'm actually shit in bed anyway. You don't have to worry about me."

No comments: