Monday, November 7

Where's your famous IVF?

Interesting story in the Mail on Sunday. One of Britain's oldest IVF (no, that's not an offshoot of the ICF) mothers Susan Tollefsen from Laindon, aged  61, has dumped her "toyboy" partner Nick Mayer, 50,  over his love for West Ham. Their IVF child Freya is now three-years-old.


"Every Saturday he wanted to go and watch them, either home or away, and some weekdays. I felt as if he didn’t want his life to change at all after Freya came along, even though mine had changed completely. I felt as if my whole world revolved round Freya and yet Nick was passionate about West Ham. I felt there was four of us in this family – me, Freya, Nick and the Hammers," she told the MoS.


You have to have some sympathy for Mr  Mayer. They keep you all up night, take over your life and cause uncontrollable mood swings and strange hormonal surges. And kids are pretty demanding too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, is this post supposed to be funny? That little girl needs a father - they guy has abandoned his child because it gets in the way of watching football? Trust me - you can do both things. When she askes where her daddy is, she's going to be told? The guy is a deadbeat and the world is a poorer place for him. I hope he never sees another match

Pete May said...

Yes it is meant to be funny. It was actually the mum who dumped the man citing West Ham as one of the reasons. Possibly unwisely, as neither mum nor dad should abandon all their hobbies simply because you have a child.

From my own experience I know you can both be a good dad and a football fan, as you seem to agree. And hey, we have kids for a quid now too...

Anonymous said...

If she dumped him because he wouldn't help with the baby, that counts as him abandoning his child in my book. I don't know how he sleeps at night.

Jack Up Norf said...

The child was 3 hardly a baby, also like u said kids for a quid so why not take the poor lassie along to see the mighty hammers ? Would hav gave the mrs a break too. Pete I'm currently reading your book irons in the soul and what a fantastic read it is. It was the first season I actually understood properly about football and my passion for west ham but i didn't understand the sacking of 'Arry and the sale of rio, lamps and cole so to read all about it is wonderful for me and jus to see the name di canio again is fantastic hopefully one day I hope to see him back home with the mighty irons. thx for a great book pete

Pete May said...

Thanks Jack up Norf, really glad you like Irons in the Soul. It was a great season to write about and Di Canio was crazy throughout and a joy to watch...