Wednesday, May 6

We're not going on a European tour?

Are we destined never to play in Europe? Even when we finished fifth under Redknapp we missed out, and third place saw in 1986 saw us suffer from the ban on English clubs. And now, in shades of Manny-gate, today's Telegraph reports that "West Ham at risk of European ban over accounts and takeover… The club's failure to declare their accounts and doubts over their ultimate ownership are understood to have prevented completion of the licence application" by April 30. "The form has to be submitted to the joint Premier League/Football Association committee that administers the system on Uefa's behalf."
Let's get it over with, haul Manny out of retirement, and play him while unregistered for our final three games.

2 comments:

matt said...

Our chairman Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson has told an Icelandic newspaper he has personal liabilities of £301 million. "The situation is very bad. I have everything on the line - personal liability extends to all of my assets," Gudmundsson told Morgunbladid."I'm left with the question, what is my position? I must admit that I'm a little lost."

Asked whether he would even lose his palatial home in Reykjavik, Gudmundsson replied: "I just don't know what I will be able to keep."


Until recently, it was only LBM who had to question what his position was, before admitting he was a little lost.

I have not fully worked it out, but I believe £301 million would cover lunch in Ken's for every home game for 5,263,157 seasons. By which time Di Michele might have had a half decent game.

Pete May said...

So was the TV series Lost all about WHU directors? And does this mean he's given up on the Champions' League? At least now Curbs had gone we won't have to fund a bid for Joey Barton to complete the Bad Boy Inc set...